Wednesday, February 10, 2010

More House Pictures

OK, so I found the little disc adapter thingy. Sabah put it in with the bathroom stuff. Thanks for "helping" honey.

Anyway, here are a few more downstairs pictures. After I finish Sabah's room, I will post upstairs pictures.

Because there is ONLY one place to put my piano, it really limits where I can put my couch and TV. I have the TV in the little nook next to the fireplace mantel. Most people would put their tv on the mantel, but I DO NOT want the tv to be the focus of the room (plus, it's only 26inch, so it looks silly up on the huge mantel). Because the tv is here, the couch has to be shoved over to the left side of the window. Looks kinda silly, but it's really the only option I have. Watching tv is not actually all that comfortable....which is fine by me....we don't watch much anyway. It's hard to be a couch potato when you aren't completely comfy (but believe me, I have plenty of uncomfy couch potato moments).

My kitchen table is the BOMB! I love it. It is so heavy and sturdy. I'm sure Sabah and I will have it for years and years to come. You can see the pictures I bought in Ethiopia in one of the pictures. Someday I will actually get them framed...but for now, my cash envelope is saying "yeah right chica....maybe next month".













6 comments:

Special Delivery said...

Love it! I love the dining room! I have the same placemats! ;-) You've done a great job and I am thrilled that you are enjoying homeownership!

Debbie said...

Simply stated - "It's beautiful."

Single PAP said...

totally cute! it's similar to my house in a lot of ways. i was thinking, you could switch where the TV is with where the bookcase is and then you wouldn't have to crane your neck as much to see the screen.

just a suggestion. :)

Joy said...

oh I love that table and all the cheerful colors.

Tania said...

Joy, if you like these cheerful colors wait until you see the pics of Sabah's room. It's ORANGE! A very BRIGHT orange. Don't cringe though, it actually turned out pretty good. After I get the boarder up, I will poste pics.

To single PAP...Good suggestion.I did think about putting the tv in that corner, but there are a couple of restraints to that as well. It COULD work, but this really was the best option (for now anyway). Plus, if I have to crink my neck, I'm more apt NOT to watch tv. ;)

Mona said...

Love the house, love the colors, and I'm coveting your dining room set! Ok, the TV simply cannot stay there. I need to come in person to help you re-arrange your living room. I already have some ideas.