Wow, I knew I was behind on blogging, but a year? A WHOLE year? I guess I have some catching up to do. So, here goes, from August 6th of 2010 to present......
* The rest of Summer of 2010 was spent playing outdoors whenever possible. Fun weekend trip was down to Fall Creek in Eugene. I spent MANY summers at Fall Creek and it was fun to take the kids to our old stompin grounds.
* In mid August, the first EVER TAFRU (Toukoul Adoptive Family Reunion) was held in Portland. Sabah got to see a lot of kids from her ophanage....many who were with her when she was there.
We were especially excited to have our friends Mona and Janissa, and Char and Kwali stay with us for two days. So much fun having these kids together.
* In September, Sabah had to have another surgery on her finger. She did GREAT during the entire process, and was such a hit with all the on duty staff at the hospital.
* Her second ever trip to the pumpkin patch was fun, even though she had to put up with that darn bandage on her hand.
* For Halloween, Sabah was a witch. This year, she TOTALLY understood the concept of halloween...knock on door, say trick or treat, and someone gives you CANDY. RUN to the next house to do it all over again.
In October, Sabah took her first trip to Disney land. Needless to say, she LOVED it and we are looking forward to going back in February of 2012.
* In November we took our family pictures. It was a bit wet, but we got some great shots anyway. Next year (errr, I guess that would be THIS year) we won't wait till November to get some outdoor shots. Guess I better get on that.....
* In January, we got a couple of snow days. Sabah had fun playing in the snow and making a snow man.
* In February, we took a FANTASTIC trip to Roatan, Honduras. What an amazing time we had. Definitely someplace I would like to go back to.
* No sooner did we get back from Honduras, we turned right around and went on another big trip. In March we headed back to the Philippines. This was another WONDERFUL trip for many reasons. We were able to travel down to another island and spend 4 days in Puerto Galera. A trip to Taal Volcano was another highlight of the trip. My mom was also able to join us on this trip (she also went to Honduras with us) and it was fun to share with her this wonderful country that I love.
* Easter brought about the must do easter egg coloring, and Sabah LOVED it.
* Sabah had her first fishing trip on Easter Sunday.....We went to fish farm, so catching something was guaranteed. It literally took us 20 minutes to catch about 15 fish.
* In May, little miss Sabah turned three. She had a pizza party in Eugene with family and friends, and then had a princess party up here in Portland. It was so cute to see all her little friends dress up in princess dresses and dance.
* At her three year well baby check up, she weighed in at 31 pounds and was 39.5 inches tall, and on target for all developmental milestones.
* Once Sabah turned three, it was time to try out some organized classes. She tried out soccer and gymnastics. Both of which she loves immensley. We will be continuing gymnastics, but will hold off on soccer till she is a little older and can join a team.
* 4th of July weekend we rented a house on the beach. Again, we decided to go to our old "stompin grounds" and went all the way down to Florence. We spent many summers in Florence as my grandparents had a house there, and oh my, the fun memories we were able to share with all the kids. It was so much fun.
* Summer just wouldn't be summer without the county fairs. We headed out to the Washington County fair and Sabah was brave enough to try the trampoline/jumping ride. She had so much fun, but was a little leary on how high she wanted to go.
* Summer also brought about TAFRU 2011. This year it was held in Chicago. After hemming and hawing for quite a while on whether or not to go, we finally decided that yes, this is something that we want to make a family tradition of. So, for a short weekend, we flew off to Chicago. I'd never been before (except the airport), and I really really like the city. I hope to go back sometime and spend more time exploring.
* With Sabah turning three, she also "got" to go to the dentist. I was completely amazed at how well she did. It sure helps that she LOVES going to the doctor, so she was not apprehensive at all. She had no cavities (yeah), but she does have very thin (and in some places, non-existant) enamal, so we had to seal a couple of teeth, and we have to be very diligent in brushing on a regular basis (which we are).
* and finally, we end with summer of 2011. Play days at the park with her cousins, and weekends having fun with mommy. Here are a couple of pictues of her (and cousins) my sister took at one of the local parks.
And that takes us up to today. We've got some blog worthy things coming up in the near future, so hopefully I can keep up.
4 years ago