Friday, May 30, 2008

Introducing SPROUT

Sprout is the name of my daughter. OK, it's not the REAL name of my daughter (only two people know the name I have chosen for her), but it is what I am calling her until I get her referral.

I don't know anything about Sprout. She may not even be born yet, but I know I LOVE her already. I love the thought of her. I love her spirit. I love how happy she already makes me. I love the role she already plays in my life. I love my future dreams for her. She doesn't know it, but without even being here, she is shaping my life. She is changing my life. So much of what I do these days is with her in mind. I can't wait to know her. I can't wait to see her. I can't wait to hold her. I can't wait to sing to her. I can't wait to teach her and love her, and to mold her into a wonderful person.

The adoption process is long and tedious. Slightly longer than a full term pregnancy, but the big difference is that with a pregnancy, you have a due date. You have an end (or beginning) in site. You know that (hopefully) on such and such a day, your little one will arrive. With adoption, there are so many unknowns. You don't know how long it will take to get your paperwork collected. You don't know how long the homestudy will take. You don't know how long it will take USCIS to process your "golden ticket", you don't know how long it will take to receive your referral, or how long before your court date. It's just a whole lot of "hurry up and wait" moments. But it will make it just that much more wonderful when I finally get to bring her home. Such a sweet sweet reward for all the tedious work.

I'm coming for you my little sproutling, and can't wait to have you in my arms forever!



1 comment:

Jenni said...

WOW! I have had those exact thoughts and feelings, thinking I was crazy:). Good for you!!
Hears to us bringing our babys (not yet known) home!
Good luck to you!