Sunday, June 7, 2009

6 months home

Exactly 6 months ago, I got off a plane in Portland, OR and began my new life with my daughter. It is amazing to me that 6 months have gone by already. When I picked Sabah up from Toukoul, she was a slightly over 6 months old. She has now been in the U.S. as long as she was in Africa. AMAZING!

She has changed so much in the last 6 months. She's no longer a little baby, but a little toddler. She is starting to get a little personality of her own. She has a true stubborn streak to her and I can tell that her and I are going to butt heads as she grows older and more independent.

I finally was able to convert my video of our first meeting, so I'm posting it below. Please forgive the watermark that is plastered across the video. The software needed to convert the video cost and I don't really want to pay the bucks to get the watermark off. I will someday, but for now, you will all just have to ignore it. :)

5 comments:

Mona said...

Thank you for sharing that! I am trying to imagine my first meeting with Janissa and I have no idea how it will go. Your beautiful baby is now a beautiful toddler and I can't wait until Sabah and Janissa get to meet each other!

Colleen and JF Bertrand said...

So precious! Can you believe it was 6 months ago already??? Isn't it going SO fast??

Debbie said...

I got teary watching that video. Time goes by so quickly. Enjoy the next six months.

veggiemom said...

Happy 6 months...just a few days late.

Teri said...

Wow! Your video was amazing. Thank you so much for sharing that beautiful, personal moment with all of us. I did not video my first meeeting with Chloe, but it is something I'll always wish I had done. Sabah is an angel.