Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's Official and fun 4th of July weekend stuff

On Thursday, July 2nd, Sabah and I went to the Multnomah County Courthouse and she officially, OFFICIALLY became Sabah Isabella. The re-adoption ceremony was super quick and we were in and out of the courthouse in less than 15 minutes. This is the last piece of the adoption process. I now just wait for her Oregon birth certificate and then I can apply for her U.S. Passport. So exciting. We are planning on going to Manila next February or March with my sister and her family, and even though she could have traveled with her Ethiopian passport and greencard, it just makes me feel better that she will have her U.S. Passport in hand.

Tina and her boys joined us at the courthouse and then we all went out to breakfast to celebrate. After that, Sabah and I flew to Phoenix for a long weekend to welcome home my friend Mona and her daughter Janissa who arrived from Ethiopia. We also got a chance to see our friend Leah and her family. Leah and her husband Jon were in Ethiopia the same time I was and it was great to see her and let the girls play together again. And, as if that weren't enough, we also got a chance to meet my blog friend Joy, who also is with my agency and traveled to Ethiopia a week before I did. It was great to meet her and her ENTIRE family (all 10 of them) and of course let all the Toukoul babies play together. Thanks ladies for such a wonderful weekend.



Sabah in her re-adoption dress



Waiting for the Judge



The final adoption certificate



Flirting with complete strangers sitting across the aisle from us



Meeting Janissa for the first time



The Gang...Mona and Janissa, me and Sabah, Joy and Jeramiah (Josiah was asleep), Leah and Aslynn. These gorgeous babies were all at Toukoul at the same time and are all around one year old.



Janissa and Sabah....they are going to be the best of friends, even though they live in Orange County, CA. Looks like Southwest Airlines will be our new best friend.



The "girls" Sabah, Janissa, Aslynn



Sabah LOVED LOVED LOVED Mona's brother "Uncle Joe". Thanks Joe for including my daughter in your hugs and kisses.

5 comments:

Becky and Naing said...

How great you got to see all those beautiful babies from Toukoul.

Colleen and JF Bertrand said...

That is so cute! A mini Toukoul Reunion!! It looks like you guys had a blast! Congratulations on completing your adoption process as well! YAY!!

Debbie said...

Congrats on the readoption!!! It was really a good feeling when we received Lili's US passport in the mail.

And your weekend in Arizona looks like it was a lot of fun. The kids are just beautiful!

Cory, Lisa, and Weredesh said...

Congrats on getting the re-adoption done! I haven't even started yet. UGH. Did you do it yourself?

~ lisa

Mona said...

Love the post - I'll make sure Uncle Joe gets to see it. He's in town this weekend. Congratulations to
Sabah for becoming "official". I've already started Janissa's paperwork.