Friday, July 17, 2009

What will my part be?

I came across this video while blog stalking tonight. I don't have the words to explain what I am feeling after watching this. I'm in tears, wondering "what can I do?" "How can I help?" I know things like this happen all over the world, but does that mean I can turn a blind eye to it? We see so vividly because of all our modern technology. There is no excuse to say I didn't do anything because I didn't know. I DO know. And now that I know, I need to figure out what my part will be to help save these children.

As sad and horrifying as this video is, it is also so so beautiful. What the whole thing and you will find beauty in it. Not just horror, but honest to goodness beauty.

To Esther, Sam and my new hero Jane, my prayers are for you tonight.

Warning....video is very graphic and will surely bring you to tears....


4 comments:

Mona said...

I have seen this before - in fact I've watched it several times. So when do we sell all of our possessions, pack up our daughters and move to Africa?

Joy said...

I agree whole-heartedly. I had all my kids watch this and they were literally silent/speechless. We talked about this and what examples and how selfless the sister is.

Debbie said...

I saw this video several months ago and it brought me to tears. It's one thing to hear of these things happening and another to actually see it happening. My husband and I have discussed doing several different things to help make a difference and now we need to decide which of these things we can actually do.

Amber said...

I also have seen this and I cried and cried. I can;t get it out of my mind....