Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mini Toukoul Baby Reunion

Last weekend, I had the opportunity to join 4 other local families who adopted babies from Toukoul. Some of us were from Adoption Avenues, and some from Dove. ALL the babies were from Toukoul orphanage.

What an amazing site it was to see EIGHT babies all under the age of 2 (actually I think everyone was under 20 months). Some of us have been home almost a year, and a couple families have been home only a few months.

We had lunch at Laurelwood, and give them HUGE KUDDOS for accomodating such a large crowd and for having enough highchairs on hand.

It was fun seeing the looks on the faces of the other customers as we lined all the kiddos up for the photo below. I don't think anyone captured a picture of all babies looking at the camera at the same time, but it's a great picture non the less.




From Left to Right

Ruby, Roman, Elisha, Mariah, Allegra, Alec, Haven, and Sabah.

We are hoping to get together every few months to keep the kids connected.

4 comments:

MommaT said...

Count me in once we are home in January (if all goes well)..we live 2 hours from Portland but I would come!

AliciA said...

I wish you had told me about the reunion...

AliciA

Special Delivery said...

What a great time for all of you! I love it! I can't wait to see pics from the next meeting!

Rebecca and Andrew said...

I got a kick out of your post saying you are a terrible blogger. Not as bad as I am!!! Whew...it's hard work keeping up to date, esp. with fast growing toddlers!
I can't wait to get together again. I just updated my blog about our lunch date with all 8! And, anyone who can come is more than welcome. It's such a wonderful new "family" that gets acquainted through adoption.