Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm back to blogging

Well, after shutting down my blog for just over a month, I’ve decided to start blogging again. Facebook is great, but status updates only allow for so much detail. I can’t promise I will be consistent with this blog, but will try to update at least two or three times a month (maybe more, but I’ll start small).

A lot has happened since my “final” blog post. On the adoption front, I had to make a very difficult decision and decided to put the adoption of “H” on hold. It broke my heart to call up my adoption agency director and tell him to put her back on the waiting child list. I never officially received her referral, but she WAS the girl I was planning on making my daughter. When I met “H” back in October I immediately came back and was very gung ho about starting the process. Unfortunately I was acting strictly on emotions rather than logic. I finally had to acknowledge that this just wasn’t the right time to bring another child into our family. I have every intention of adopting a second child…..it will just be one or two years down the road before I begin the process (which was always the original plan).

For some exciting news…..I am a first time homeowner!!!!!!! After searching for a house for over a year, and having an offer on SIX different houses, I finally got smart and stopped putting offers on short sales and made an offer on a bank owned home. The home was originally out of my price range and I didn’t even want to go look at it. But, thanks to my fabulous realtor, I was “persuaded” to take a look. I fell in love with it immediately and was a bit mad at her for talking me into seeing it, knowing it was out of my price range (ok, not actually mad, just disappointed cause I didn't think I would ever be able to get it). Because it was bank owned though, she said we could offer whatever I was comfortable paying and seeing where it goes. Well, after 7 days of negotiating back and forth, we got the house for $2,000 less than my MAXIMUM price, AND got the bank to pay a HUGE portion of my closing costs. I can’t tell you how excited I was that this house was going to be MINE (and Sabah’s of course). It was the 7th house I had an offer on, but
most definitely the best house. It was built in 2006, so there are only small cosmetic repairs that need to be done. It has three bedrooms and two bathrooms, and is a two story house. I LOVE IT. Sabah and I moved in last weekend, and are currently keeping busy unpacking and figuring out where to put everything.

Oh, and I just did my taxes. I LOVE THE 1st TIME HOMEBUYERS CREDIT! That, coupled with the remainder of the adoption credit I had from 2008, and, well, I’m one happy momma!

I've been a huge slacker in the picture department so I don't have much to post tonight, but I will get some pictures of the house up soon. Oh, and some of Sabah as well. The only pic I have of the house is from the listing...

4 comments:

Debbie said...

So happy to see you back in the world of blogging.

Congrats on the house. It looks like a great purchase.

Special Delivery said...

Congratulations! The house looks fantastic! It will be great for you, Sabah, and the new addition when the time comes. I know that must have been a hard decision for you. But, I commend you! It's great to have you back blogging! You've been missed!

veggiemom said...

Welcome back to blogging. I'm glad I never took you off my google reader.

I'm so sorry about your adoption plans. You will find a child that fits your family perfectly when the time is right.

Your new home sounds great. Congrats on finally getting one! Wow! Six offers...I can't imagine how stressful that must have been.

Mona said...

What a beautiful house. I'm so happy for you and Sabah! And even happier you're blogging again.