Sunday, February 21, 2010

Spring in February?

Well, if I remember correctly, that darn groundhog SAW his shadow, and it was predicted that we would have six more weeks of winter. Hmmmmm......someone forgot to tell OREGON that. We have had FOUR days of blue skies and sunshine. It was so gorgeous this weekend that Tina and I decided to take the kids to the beach (minus Elizabeth....she stayed home with daddy).

We went to the beach where you can drive your car, and headed up to a non crowded spot. It was so glorious. A bit windy for the first half hour or so, but after that the winds died down and it was seriously PERFECT. Tina and I sat on a blanket and watched our babes play in the sand. The boys and Tina actually braved the water, but Sabah and I chose to watch from the break line. OK, IIIIIIIIIII chose to watch. Sabah just got stuck with me. She did get her toes wet, but that's it. We then set out to build the most spectacular sand castle. I got a little too involved with the planning and delegating, that Elijah became bored and decided to climb the sand dune instead. Once he ventured to the dune, Ethan and Sabah diligently followed.....while I continued building my...oh, I mean OUR sandcastle.

After a few hours at the beach, we headed to DQ for an ice cream treat and then back home to relax before work tomorrow.

THIS is what weekends are all about.

















1 comment:

Amber said...

Just checking in...she is so grown up and so cute!