Monday, July 12, 2010

4th of July Weekend

First....a reminder that I will soon be going private. If you haven't already requested an invite, please leave me your e-mail address and I will add you to the list.

I've always wanted to rent a cabin out in the woods and so I finally decided to do it over the 3 day 4th of July weekend. I rented a small cabin at Government Camp near Mt. Hood and we all headed up for the weekend (by all, I of course mean me, Sabah, Tina, Elijah, Ethan, Elizabeth, and Ron came up for one night since he had to work Saturday). We had a blast.

We spent a lot of time out doors doing some hiking..............










and playing in the rivers/creeks nearby.................







and climbing trees....





and playing at the creekside playground........






It's was a bit chilly though, so when we weren't outside, we spent time inside playing board games, building forts, building a fire, and reading books.....







And of course, we had our fireworks....



Such a fantastic weekend. Can't wait to do it again.

1 comment:

Cory, Lisa, and Weredesh said...

Only in Oregon would we say it was a bit chilly on the 4th of July!

Can't wait to see you and Sabah at the reunion. She looks FANTASTIC!