Sunday, August 9, 2009

Busy Weekend

I love weekends (don't we all). However, they seem to be getting shorter and shorter lately. Sabah is at the perfect age to be able to take her out and about and have her really enjoy it. We just got a new bike and she LOVES going for bike rides. I got the Weeride Kangaroo child seat.....it's the one where the child sits in front of you (between your legs) opposed to the back. This allows her and I to have interaction with each other as we ride. She loves to point to things and I love being able to see her. Though I love this new bike, I QUICKLY realized how out of shape I am. WOW. I live in a neighborhood called highland hills...so as you can imagine, there are HILSS. UGH. Even the smallest incline gets me huffing and puffing and wanting to give up and go home. But both yesterday and today, I pedaled on (while Sabah just sat there enjoying the ride....oh how I wish I could be a kid again). It's great excercise and a fantastic way for us to get outside.

After our morning bike ride on Saturday, we went to the Saturday market with Tina and Eli. Tina is ready to give birth ANY DAY NOW, and so she decided she would walk around the marked with me trying to induce labor. No such luck. She's still waiting for little Elizabeth to make her grand enterance into this world.

After an afternoon nap, Sabah and I were back outside and going for a walk. It was the perfect day to be outside. The weather has cooled down significantly. In fact, on Thursday and Friday, we didn't even make 70 degrees. Today was a perfect 78!

This morning Sabah and I went to our new church. We both had a lot of fun. It is always nerve racking being the new person and not knowing a sole, but I survived. Of course, Sabah makes friends wherever she goes and was the hit of the nursery.

After church, I again met up with Tina and ran a few errands and she and I watched a movie (at home) while Sabah took her afternoon nap. Then a few more errands and some time spent with Ethan and Eli at Tina's house. Home in time for some dinner, play time, bath time and finally bed. And now the weekend is winding down. Where oh where did it go?

Sabah in her "Sunday Best" (this expression is her new thing...she LOVES to crinkle her nose)






At the fountain. Sabah is so tall that the 18 month swim suits don't fit her well...they aren't long enough. Oh well. It doesn't stop her from having fun.





Our new ride. I LOVE it!

4 comments:

Joy said...

Wow - I love that seat - I have never seen that. I hear ya - hills are the worst on a bike - but what a great workout and it is motivating because I am sure she loves it. That is a great investment. I hope you guys have lots of fun family time on that bike.

Debbie said...

Enjoy your bike rides. We bought a Burley bike trailer for Lili and she loves going for rides. It is good exercise, especially when your pulling extra weight :-)

Emily said...

The wee ride looks awesome!

Jennifer said...

That is the coolest bike seat! Never seen one like it. I would love it too if I were her!