Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Welcome to the World Elizabeth

I'm an Auntie again. And I'm in love! Back in December, when me, my mom and my sister Tina, were in Ethiopia picking up Sabah, my sister was starting to feel the first symptoms of morning sickness. She did not know when she left for Africa that she was pregnant, but started suspecting that she was about three days or so before we left. As soon as she got back she took a pg test and it confirmed that yes indeed she was pregnant. We were very excited, and since she already has two boys, and Sabah was only 6 months at the time, we prayed that it was a little girl (so Sabah could do girly things with her rather than always playing ruff and tumble with her boy cousins). When we found out it was a girl, we were all very excited....especially Tina, since she has inherited all of Sabah's old clothes....which were/are plentiful.

Anyway, on Monday, the doctor finally scheduled an induction for tonight, since the baby was large and already a week overdue. On Tuesday, Elizabeth decided she wasn't going to do anything on schedule, and decided to start her arrival. When Tina got to the hospital, they (her and her doctors), decided a c-section would probably be the safest route since the baby was so big. SOOOOOO, at 2:29 pm on Tuesday, August 18th, Little (errr, make that big) Elizabeth was born. Weighing in at 10 pounds 10 ounces!!!!!!! What is funny is that Tina weighed 5 pounds 5 ounces when she was born (I was a porker at 6 pounds 5 ounces). Elizabeth is exactly TWICE the size of what Tina was. Even though she is a big baby, she still seems so tiny. She's the sweetest little (errr big) thing and has the chubbiest little cheeks. Yes, I'm in love. Tina and I are identical twins, and her children have alwasy been extremely special to me.....after all, if we all did a dna test, I would show as their mother, just as much as Tina would. Since I can't have children from my own body (I refuse to say "children of my own"), Tina's beautiful kids are the closest I will get to seeing ME in them. To see some of my features (which are Tina's features of course) and some of my personality (the good and bad). I'm also thrilled that Sabah has a new best friend and will get to grow up with Elizabeth. Don't worry Janissa and Ruby, Sabah says she can have more than one BFF. Haven is on her way from Ethiopia soon, so there is another BFF as well. Always room for BFF's.

Congratulations to Tina, Ron, Elijah and Ethan on the arrival of Elizabeth Alexsandra Remidios Gaddi (the two middle names are after LizzyB's grandmothers). Welcome to the World LizzyB, Welcome to the World. I love you already.


Meet Elizabeth


Mommy and baby


Daddy and his "little" girl


Big Brother Elijah holding her for the first time


Big Brother Ethan holding her for the first time


Auntie and LizzyB


Sabah meeting Elizabeth


Pure Heaven

4 comments:

Mona said...

Congratulations Auntie Tania! Please give my best to Tina and her family. What a cutie - I want to kiss those cheeks. Janissa says the more BFF's the better. She can't wait to meet Elizabeth.

Becky and Naing said...

Oh how precious! Babies truely are a miracle.

Becky and Naing said...

Oh yeah, Haven so wants to be a BFF with them.

Amber said...

Just checkin in!
Congrats on the new baby in the family!