Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Getting Ready for Baby

OK, I wouldn't exactly call it NESTING, but I'm certainly starting to get ready for baby. As my previous post stated, I'm starting to get prior purchases out of the closet, as well as taking inventory of all Sprout's clothes to see what I needed (according to my inventory list, that would be a big fat NOTHING.....wow, I'm almost embarrassed about how much she has.....ALMOST). :)

So, two weekends ago, I spent HOURS at the fabric store picking out the perfect fabric to make my sproutling a baby quilt (mind you this was before I had the referral). I got home, cut some of the squares out and then put it away.....I just wasn't motivated enough to really get going on it. Well, since I got my referral, I have been itchin to get to that quilt and this weekend I pretty much did the entire thing (I tie it, I don't actually quilt it). I'm not the worlds best quilter, and am certainly a beginner, but it turned out pretty well.....if I do say so myself. Here is the final product:



4 comments:

Rebecca and Andrew said...

You are so much more ahead of this than we are! I have SO much to buy still. Stroller, toys, books, clothes, the list goes on.
When does Radu say the courts open back up?
'bec

Merry Melody's said...

So cute! I remember making my first baby quilt. I put all the tiny pieces on the floor for the design and one of our birds swooped down and sent everything flying. Good times. So long as you have around 400 diapers you should be set. :)

Nikki said...

It is beautiful- what a special treasure.

Nikki
http://ethiopia2009-adana.blogspot.com/ --> my Ethiopian mission

Michelle Riggs said...

I love it! You will be so glad that youtook the time to make something that you can keep forever.