Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm Walkin on Sunshine.....

and don't it feel GOOD!

I can't believe it, but I have received my referral. I can't stop smiling. I'm amazed that it happened so quickly. Of course, we have to wait for the courts to reopen in October, so I have a long wait of sitting here looking at the most gorgeous little girl.

Ethiopia does not allow photos of their orphans to be published, so I can't post her pictures, but let me assure you she is the most precious thing. So cute. Big brown eyes, a little bit of hair and cute little lips.
She was found abandoned in Awassa, and they gave her a b-day of May 26, 2008, so she isn't quite 3 months old yet.
Oh my gosh, I just can't believe this. I don't know how I am going to get any work done today.

5 comments:

veggiemom said...

Holy moley!!! Congratulations!!! That's fantastic! Here's to a speedy court date when they reopen.
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby

Rebecca and Andrew said...

I BARELY HAVE WORDS FOR SUCH AN AMAZING MESSAGE!!!! CONGRATULATIONS and I'm praying for a quick court session once they open back up (even though I'd love to travel at the same time if possible!) And, of course, HAPPY SHOPPING. Right now the sales are GREAT! =)
'bec

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! Another Awassa baby - gotta love that. My girl is from that area (not Awassa proper, but close by).

I can't wait to see her photos!!!

AndreaWA said...

Hi! I am a friend of Rebecca's, she sent me the link to your blog after telling me about your new daughter!!!!Congratulations!!!! I totally amazed how fast you got your referrel!!! Crazy!!! It looks like 8-8-08 was sooo lucky for you!! Congrats again!! Andrea

Amber said...

WHoo..HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!