Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Little Peanut is Growing

It's so funny....when you are waiting to go pick up your child, you get so excited over the littlest things. I was pleasantly surprised this morning by an e-mail from my agency director giving me an updated medical on little Sabah. She has actually put on about a pound and a half since the last update. She now weighs 13.6 pound, is 24.4 inches long (up almost two inches) and is doing very well. This is what the doctor's note said:
"Besides the previous history, Saba is drinking 180 ml formula milk every 3 hours. She rolls back to front, reaches for objects, laughs loud, excites and breathes heavily and orients to voice. She is fit for adoption."

Oh, how happy I am to hear this, and yet so sad that I am not witnessing her "firsts". I can't believe she is rolling over on her own and I'm not there to witness it.

Stay healthy little one, but don't grow up too fast without me. I'm coming sweetpea, I'm coming.

3 comments:

The Okrasinski's said...

What's nice to know is that the medical people are not just giving pat descriptions. I know this because my baby did not get the same tidbits of info as you received today! What a nice surprise to receive updates when we are least expecting them! Congrats! Can't wait to go get our little ones!

Cory, Lisa, and Weredesh said...

YAY for an update! Sounds wonderful...


~ lisa

Amber said...

Great news!