Sunday, October 5, 2008

FINALLY....I'm back on-line

Wow, I so thought I would be back on-line posting and e-mailing on Thursday, just one day after my surgery. How wrong I was. But, I'm finally feeling pretty decent and ready to get back into my blogging and stalking other people's blogs.

The surgery went well. The only "complication" was a little trauma to the bladder from the the catheter. That made the first couple of days of recovery a bit more difficult than I anticipated. Also, the Vicoden I found out makes me very ill, so I ditched that yesterday and am now on Ibuprofen and Tylenol. The two together help control my pain to an acceptable level. And now that I'm off the narcotics, I can think straight. Wow, it was all I could do to READ e-mails. There was no way I could concentrate long enough to actually reply to anything.

Thank you everyone who e-mailed me, left comments, offered help, phoned me, prayed for me and thought good thoughts. I really appreciate all the care and concern from you all.

One good thing that came out of this surgery, besides getting rid of that pesky tenant, is that my recovery room nurse was Ethiopian. I was actually supposed to spend the night in the hospital, but because the surgery went so well, they decided to have me recover in the day surgery area, and release me that night. So, in reality, this nurse was not supposed to be my nurse. Anyway, she comes in and introduces herself and starts taking my vitals. I thought she LOOKED Ethiopian, and after a few minutes I got up enough nerves to ask her. She looked at me funny and hesitantly said Yes, why do you ask?. I then told her I was adopting from Ethiopia, and well, a new friendship blossomed. By the time my doctor release me (at 10:30 that night), I had her e-mail and phone number and she told me to keep in touch and to call if I had any questions or if there was anything she could help me with. Thanks E, for taking such good care of me....even if I was puking all over. :)

Well, my brother-in-law made me some Filipino chicken soup, so I'm going to go have some of that and then take a nap. My sister and nephews came by earlier and took me to the book store (I'm going to read "the secret life of bees" before the movie comes out. It's supposed to be a really good book). Then we went to the grocery store to get more pain reliever and grapes (which aren't a pain reliever, but man are they yummy). That two hours pretty much wore me out, so some soup and a nap sounds really really good right now.

Oh, and on the adoption front.....Courts opened last week, so we are waiting on our court date. Some people have already been assigned dates as late as October 29th!!!! Yikes, it looks like we might not get a court date until November. Ugh....the wait is so hard.

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

Glad you're recovering well. Here's to a speedy court date!
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby

Robbin Hopkins said...

Feel better, recover well so that you will have all of your mommy strength!

Robbin

Rebecca and Andrew said...

I'm glad your back! Filipino chicken soup sounds soooo yummy! I'll live vicariously through you and you can tell me how good it is! =)
You'll be feeling better than ever before you know it! Just in time to give Sabah all your devotion!