Saturday, October 25, 2008

Me+Bordom=Too Much Shopping

So, I've said it a few time, and I'll say it again. I am a Shopaholic when it comes to buying stuff for Sabah. Now, for myself, I can easily control my spending. But when it comes to my daughter, it's Spend Spend Spend.
Tina and the boys met me this morning for some Sabah shopping. Ethan only made it half way before he had a melt down and I drove him straight home and dumped him with Dad.
Our first stop was the fabric store. This actually was NOT for Sabah....well not really. I am participating in a quilt swap with 10 other women from the Ethiopia Chat boards. We each choose two African fabrics and send each person an 8x8 square of each one. In the end you end up with 22 squares (for those of you doing the math, I count my OWN squares too) along with a good wish for the child. You then make a quilt from all the different fabrics. I think it is going to turn out great. Here are the two fabrics I chose...It's a terrible picture, but I'm too lazy to go take another one. The top is an African Scene, and the 2nd fabric is multi colored stripes.After the fabric store, we headed over to Babies'RUs (this is guaranteed to be a big mistake each and every time). Here I purchased Sabah a Feeding Chair (I decided not to get a highchair as it takes up too much room), and a small umbrella stroller for the car. It's orange. I LOVE it.
Then it was off to a second hand baby store where I proceeded to buy her clothes that she absolutely doesn't need. I tell you, I HAVE A PROBLEM.
Then to Target, where I bought her some fuzzy pajamas (ok, these I can justify...she does need them).
Check out her Christmas dress I bought her last time I was bored:
Boy, I sure hope I pass court the first time around and she actually is home for Christmas to wear this.

After a day of shopping, I came home and redid her toy box. I had put the name "MALIA" on the box months ago, so I had to change the name.
So, Saturday was all about Sabah. I guess I probably should get use to that. :)

3 comments:

Rebecca and Andrew said...

Ok lady, YOU'VE GOT TO CHECK OUT the dresses at Costco!!!! I think the smallest size is 2T, but for $18, it's worth getting at least one. I bought Ruby the little green sparkly one. I'll post pics as soon as this lovely weather quits and I am actually inside for a bit.
Also, Costco has some extremely cute outfits for only $6.99. And of course, you can justify going there cuz you can get in lunch and dinner with all the samples! =D
'bec

Anonymous said...

Hi Tania,
I am just slowly getting back to the land of blogging (writing on mine & following others). I have made my blog private and was going to email you to give you access, but I can't find your email address. If you would still like to follow along on my blog, please email me your address at tickledpink.kim at gmail dot com. I need to go and catch up on all things happening on yours! Hope all is well. Cheers, Kim

Rebecca and Andrew said...

Oh, I wondered what happened to Tickled pink! If you email with her, could you please tell her I'd love to follow her blog as well. I miss seeing her updates!
'bec