Friday, July 25, 2008

Hurray, Hurray, it's on it's way (to shangri la dee da)

OK, if anyone can tell me which cartoon that title is from, you get major bonus points (no monetary value in my bonus points, but you can at least feel a little superior to everyone else.....or embarrassed that you actually know where that comes from). And Tina, YOU CAN NOT PLAY! I already know you know.
I met with Radu today and got everything packaged up and shipped off to D.C. It should take about two weeks to get through the State Department (that only takes a day) and then the Ethiopian Embassy. Then it will be on it's way to Ethiopia!!!!!!!! It was kind of hard parting with this packet as it will be the last time I will see it. I gave a big hug, and lots of sweet talk, and thanked it for being such a huge part of bringing my daughter home. Yep, I'm a nerd! ;)


The picture quality is terrible....it was taken on my cell phone.....but I think you can still see the excitement on my face. I'm done! My part is over and all I can do now is wait. and wait. and wait. :)

7 comments:

veggiemom said...

Congrats on getting a huge step accomplished! Hope your wait for a referral is a short one.
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby

Anonymous said...

The Flintstones!!

Joy said...

Yay! That is great and such a relief!

Kim said...

Hi Tania,
Thank you for your comment on my blog - whenever I get comments, it always puts a smile on my face!
Congrats on accomplishing a huge step in getting your paperwork off to Ethiopia.
I look forward to reading your blog and following along on your journey!
Kim
http://tickledpinkkim.blogspot.com/

Amber said...

Yeah! How wonderful to have that step done! Cute pic!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! We just got back with our six month old...you will be there in no time.
(we are in Oregon too...Albany)

alpidarkomama said...

Tania-

LOVED your message on my blog, so then I tootled on over to your blog. The whole Soo family is amazing. :)

We were with Adoption Avenues too, and would love to give you a couple of heads-ups on things that you'll likely encounter post-referral. Contact me at kerith at earlix dot com.

Congratulations on getting your dossier out!!!!!!

-Kerith