Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's HERE It's HERE It's HERE

So, after stalking my mailman until 4:45pm today (I HATE that my mail comes so late), he finally delivered the single most coveted piece of paper that I own. Yes, my golden ticket has arrived. I'm so relieved, because there is a nasty rumor going around that some big changes are taking place with Ethiopia Adoptions and it is speculated that one of the changes is that singles will no longer be able to adopt. I've been so frustrated and anxiety stricken waiting for this piece of paper. Now that I have it I can get my dossier to EThiopia and hopefully, if the rumor is true, my paperwork being in country may help me get "grandfathered" and allow me to adopt. Please, say a prayer, cross your fingers, think good thoughts, or do whatever it is you do, that my adoption will be completed (in ETHIOPIA).


Here is a picture of my precious precious precious piece of paper (who knew I would ever get THIS excited about a simple piece of paper?)

I know it is hard to read, so allow me:

US Department of Homeland Security

Tania _______

Notice of Favorable Determination Concerning Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition:

It has been determined that you are able to furnish proper care to an orphan or orphans as defined by section blah blah blah blah blah

your application has been approved for one child

blah blah blah

I'm going to celebrate with my new e-mail friend Rebecca and her family at Burqitu soon....they should be receiving their approval today as well (we fingerprinted the same day).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeahhhhhh Auntie. I'm so glad you are closer to bringing my cousin home. I can't wait to play with her. I love you! Elijah

Tania said...

Thanks Bear. I love you too!

Robbin Hopkins said...

Wow, you totally crossed my mind after our last message and I was really hopeful that it would come soon. I am SOOO happy for you. I remember that feeling just one month ago. Please AUTHENTICATE NOW and I'll see you when we go pick up our girls!!!!


Robbin

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is really huge.

Amber said...

Whooo....hooo! That is the best feeling to get that paper and another step closer!