Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ready for D.C.

This is my completed Dossier. Thanks to my wonderful boss, I was able to take the morning off and head down to Salem today to get all 20 of my documents authenticated by the Secretary of State (basically those little gold seals say that the person who notarized the document is indeed an Oregon Notary). Well, I actually only got 19 authenticated because that one there on the left hand bottom......that's my birth certificate. I had to send that one to the Washington Secretary of State. Yep.....I"m actually a Washatonian......GASP! But, since I was raised in Oregon since I was a babe, I still consider myself an Oregonian through and through (no offense to Washatonians.....great state....in fact, second only to Oregon). :)
Anyway, I am meeting with Radu, my adoption agency director, tomorrow at noon to take a final look over everything and then he will send everything on to DC to get yet another round of authentications from the State Department. From there it will head to the Ethiopian Embassy in D.C. for one final round of Stamps. Then, back to Radu, who will then 3 day air it to Ethiopia. At that point I will be officially waiting for my referral. I'm still crossing my fingers that I will be able to travel by December, and of course am praying that any changes with Ethiopia adoptions won't effect me too severely.
So, after tomorrow, my work will be done! And I just wait.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Yeah! Doesn't it feel good to have that done! I sent mine to Radu on Tuesday. Maybe we will travel together!

Rebecca and Andrew said...

I'm thinking about ya today girl!!! At noon we'll be enjoying the beach but your appointment w/ Radu will be close to my heart!
Rebecca