Sunday, September 21, 2008

In Memory of Lorene

Today was the Race for the Cure, and this was the first year that I participated in it. I signed up my sister, brother-in-law, and two nephews to walk with me. I walked in memory of Lorene N. who passed away in January of this year. Lorene is the wife of one of my managers at work, and I have known her for over seven years. She was diagnosed with breast cancer about 5 years ago and was treated at that time with a mastectomy, chemotherapy and radiation. She did well for quite a while after that, but in the summer of 2007, she found out that the cancer had spread to multiple places in her body, including liver, bones, spine, and brain. She fought the cancer through Christmas, but sadly it took her life in January, 2008. I remember Lorene fondly.....she was always so friendly, always had a smile on her face, and was usually the life of the party. She is dearly missed. She is survived by her husband Ray, son Peter, and daughter Madison. Today was for you Lorene. We miss you!

No comments: