Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Whaaaa......my baby has been sick

I just received an updated medical report on Sabah. She has been diagnosed with sepsis and gastroenteritis, both of which are being treated with antibiotics. The report states that she is improving. It is so hard to hear something like this. So hard to be so far away from her and not knowing exactly how she is doing and exactly what kind of treatment she is receiving. So hard to not be able to be with her to comfort her and hold her. To rock her and whisper to her that she was going to be ok. It tears at my heart to be her mother and have absolutely no control in her care. It really amazes me how quickly your "mother" instincs kick in.....for a child I've never even met. For a child, who isn't really mine yet (paper wise anyway). I just hope that beyond the medicine she is receiving, she is receivng what every child needs.....love, hugs, compasion, kisses, comfort.

She also tested positive for salmonella, but a second round of testing was negative, so I will pray that she is over that as well.

So, please keep my little one in your prayers or think good thoughts, that she will heal completely.

I also received her updated measurements. My little one is almost 4 months old. She weighs just over 11 lbs and is 21.25 inches long. I just can't wait to get her home and in my arms. Now I just need to get some updated pictures!

5 comments:

Mrs. Engelhardt said...

I hope your precious girl feels better soon! I'm keeping you in my thoughts, and will check back frequently for updates!

Cory, Lisa, and Weredesh said...

OMG Tania, I can't even imagine how frustrating it is to be on the other side of the world! UGH! But I'm sure they're taking such good care of her, and she'll be well soon.

Thinking of you both,

Lisa

Joy said...

Wow - I am sorry she has been sick. I will pray for her. This is the hardest part. I was really wishing that we would get a medical update and pics, but at the same time it can make the wait so much harder.

Rebecca and Andrew said...

Oh, what a bittersweet update! Sabah is definetly in our prayers!!! Keep me posted! Did you also get new pics?
Hugs!=) 'bec

Rebecca said...

I will pray for her and send good thoughts!!! :)
I'm glad that you updated your blog...I was beginnining to wonder where you'd gone!!