Monday, September 15, 2008

"Update your blog already!"

I'm a blogger addict. I admit it. I stalk people's blogs. Especially those who have brought their children home already. I look at their beautiful children and just can't help but try and imagine what Sabah will be like. What her personality will be. When will she start walking. Start talking. How soon until I can start putting her hair in little braids. The funny thing is, if these people don't update their blog every day or so, I start to get impatient. I say to myself "come on people, update your blog already". THEN, I take a look at my blog, and see that I haven't posted anything in over 3 weeks. 3 WEEKS! It feels like I just posted Sabah's name yesterday, but it's been 3 WEEKS. Where oh where did the time go? I'm actually glad it is going quick since I'm not so patiently waiting for the courts to re-open.
So, for all my blog readers (and stalkers), I apologize for "not updating my blog already".

Not much has been happening (which is why no updates). I've been having fun spending time with my sister and nephews who moved back into town from Houston. A few weeks ago we went to the Oregon State Fair. And although we had a good time, Tina and I spent about 95% of the time crabbing about the cost!!! It was ridiculous. It cost $4.00 (per PERSON) to ride the merry-go-round. FOUR DOLLARS. We skipped that one. I did however want to take my nephews on the big slide, so for all four of us to ride it.....ONE TIME.....cost $12!!!!! TWELVE DOLLARS. EEEEGaaads. I tell you, it will be a long time before I go to the state fair again (oh, who am I kidding.....I'll be dragging Sabah there next year, and once again crab all day long about the prices).

We also went and spent the day at the Clackamas River. It was so fun. I love love love Oregon.....especially in the summer. It is just beautiful. The boys loved playing in the river, and I loved throwing rocks in and splashing them.


My agency director has "ordered" some updated pictures of Sabah, so I can't wait for those to come in. It is soooooo hard waiting to go pick her up, but these pictures should ease the anticipation a little bit (ok, not really, but I still want to see them).

I found a video on youtube about life at Toukoul orphanage. If you want to see where Sabah currently is and what life is like for the orphans at Toukoul, check out the video links on the right had side. It's absolutely amazing and fascinating to watch these (especially if you have children there, or your children came from there.

2 comments:

Rebecca and Andrew said...

THANK YOU for FINALLY posting!
Sheesh! (Just kidding!)
My mother in law usually takes us to 'her' fair...Oregon State Fair...and pays for my kids. Well, not this year. I'm sure she's feeling the crunch, too! We did the Clark Co. Fair thing as usual the first part of August. So fun! (And yeah, so much moola!!!)

Cory, Lisa, and Weredesh said...

Oregon is SOOOOO wonderful in the summer! We love it too!

~ lisa