Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day at the Beach

The last few days here in Portland have been sunny and clear. COLD, but at least it's been sunny. This is how Pacific Northwest residents deal with the rainy weather....God throws in some sunshine every now and then, and we're good for another few weeks.

Yesterday, the weatherman said that the coast was going to be sunny, clear and WARM. I know weathermen get a bad rap sometimes and people don't like to believe them, but I took him for his word and Sabah, Tina and I headed to Seaside for the day. Let me tell you, I have NEVER seen a more perfect day on the Oregon coast....ESPECIALLY in January. The sky was blue, the wind was non-existent, and the air was WARM. We just sat on the beach and fed Sabah her bottle and let the sun just beat down on us. It felt so good. Now we can get through a few more weeks of dreary overcast skies.

Here are a few pics of our day.....Sabah's first trip to the beach.

4 comments:

Adopting1Soon said...

Thanks for your blog! I've gone back in time and caught up from when you passed court til now. I just got my referrl yesterday, and she could be Sabah's sister! the round eyes, huge cheeks, and small nubbin nose! It's been great to see the pictures as Sabah gets older because I'm imagining that might be what my daughter looks like too. I'm also a single, white professional female soon to be first time mother. I'm loving your blog, since you are a few steps ahead of me. Thanks for sharing :-)

Amber said...

Ahh, looks like fun and a special moment!

veggiemom said...

Looks like a great day!

Rebecca and Andrew said...

So precious! I wish we had gone to the coast! Looks like it was wonderful!