Thursday, January 29, 2009

Our first vacation together

Last Friday, Sabah and I flew down to L.A. to visit our good friend Mona. Mona is another single momma, who is with my agency (Adoption Avenues), and we had been corresponding with each other for quite a few months before flying out there to meet her. I've said this before, but the second best thing about the adoption process is the friends that are made during the journey (the best thing of course being the child/ren you bring home). Mona is still awaiting her referral, and I can't wait until she gets it. Her little girl and Sabah are going to be great friends (we referr to them as cousins).

We had a great time with Mona. She opened up her home to us completely and we are very grateful for her friendship and kindness. Although the weather wasn't what we had hoped for, we still managed to visit Venice beach, San Juan Capistrano, and of course lots and lots of shopping at all the baby stores. I was also able to meet up with my friend Nancy in Little Ethiopia and we had a wonderful lunch.

Traveling with a baby is definitely harder than traveling by yourself. There is just so much more that you have to think about. But Sabah was a trooper, and of course was the shining star of the weekend. I think she misses all the extra attention she was getting.

Mona's niece, Sarah, took tons of photos of my little princess. The photos attached are those that she took.

I can't wait to get back there and visit when Mona brings her daughter home.
Mommy and Sabah at Tom's Farm. Mona actually took this one...I had to steal it from her blog since my computer wouldn't read the disc she sent home with me with all the pictures she took.

Riding in Style in Little Ethiopia (thanks for letting us use Janissa's stroller Mona)

Her first ride in a swing

Such a pretty smile

Trying one some Funky glasses at Venice Beach


One of MANY MANY kisses from Auntie Mona

4 comments:

Mona said...

I miss you two so much and can't wait for you come back again soon. I can't bring myself to throw that darned red balloon away -- and every time I see it, I wish you were still here!

Lisa said...

Hey Tania! It was so nice to meet you and Sabah! Glad you are home safe!

Amber said...

Looks like fun!

Jennifer said...

Those cheeks! I just want to grab those cheeks!!