Sunday, November 16, 2008

Donations Galore!

Wow, I just spent the last hour organizing the donations that we're taking to Ethiopia. I succeeded in getting it from looking like this:


To looking like this:We are taking five bins with us, and I can't believe I got everything to fit. In fact I still have a little room left in each one, so I may add some more items. This is what I have stuffed into these bins:
34 pairs of girl shoes
16 pairs of boy shoes
7 pairs of infant shoes
4 soccer balls
10 baseballs
12 boy sweaters
2 boy long sleeve shirts
2 boy sweatshirts
5 boy tank tops
8 girl shirts
4 girl jackets
2 pair girls pants
14 packs girl underwear
10 boy jackets
5 boy fleece jackets
3 packs of jacks
8 decks of cards
17 3pack of hackey sacks
3 umbrellas
4 packs colored markers
4 packs colored pencils
20 spiral notebooks
3 packs construction paper
15 packs of pens
4 packs of highlighters
7 packs of pencils
6 math kits
3 school supply kits
15 pairs scissors
6 packs of flashcards
21 preschool/kindergarten workbooks

PHEW....that's a lot of stuff. We're going to donate some to Sabah's orphanage, but what we would really like to do is to find a small school that gets very little assistance and donate to it. That's our goal anyway.

OK, I'm glad I got this done. It's one less thing for me to stress about. On to the next......

3 comments:

Ann said...

! Love the donations! Please tell me how many bins per adult ticket are you allowed? what is the weight limit?

Rebecca and Andrew said...

Oooh, so happy to see all the stuff! I'm starting to think towards donations and am not sure where to start. Thank you so much for posting pictures and telling us about what you are taking!
Can't wait to hear more!!!
Hugs, 'bec

Ann said...

Thanks for the info regarding donations!We did simular on our China adoption trip, you may want to spread the baby supplies for your child amoung all the adults...at least a few items, incase that main bag gets lost or delayed. It will be just husband and I traveling so basically we can pack 4 totes? I of course will check with the airline we travel with, its a little early for that, but I enjoyed all your ideas, I never would of thought of a tote, we used adult suitcases,,,I like your idea much better. ps..your email did not work