Saturday, November 8, 2008

Surprise Baby Shower

My sister surprised me this afternoon with a baby shower. It was soooooooo totally unexpected (usually I'm pretty good at figuring these things out). In fact, as I pulled up to her house, I saw my friend Renee' walking past my sister's house and I SERIOUSLY thought that she was "just in the neighborhood" and was coincidentally walking by. THEN, I saw that she had a pink gift bag in her hand.....that's when I STARTED to figure things out. Then, I look down the street, and there are two ladies in dresses and head scarves, and I thought to myself "that looks like Kamso". These "ladies" had turned their back to me, apparently tyring to "hide" so I wouldn't see them.....haha, nice try Kamso. It was then that I figured out that there was a party goin on and I was the guest of honor. I felt bad, because I told my sister I would be over at 11:30, but I arrived at 11:00, so they all didn't get to shout out "surprise" as I walked through the door. It didn't matter though, I was so surprised and so touched.

Kamso made the food, and we had an ethiopian feast. It was soooooo yummy with tons of my favorite dishes (I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cabbage/potato/carrot dish and the beets). We played some great games and almost everyone went home with a gift. My sister did a fantastic job. We had a great time laughing over all the times she, or my nephew let the cat out of the bag over the last few weeks. Even my friend Rebecca had a part in it, and we laughed over me finally understanding why she needed Kamso's e-mail (she told me one of her friends wanted to cater and ethiopian party.....I assumed she (her friend) wanted to do that for REBECCA's baby shower as she is adopting two little babes from ET too).

Here are a few pics of the fabulous food we had:


I've never had a surprise party before. It was so sweet and I really had a good time. I got some great stuff too!!!!!!!! ;) Thank you all for coming and being a part of my life and now Sabah's life.

3 comments:

Cory, Lisa, and Weredesh said...

YAY! I'm so happy for you!

~ lisa

Leah said...

You deserve it, congrats a mommy, I am so happy for you, we all need to meet up soon and get a group pic of us and the babies!

Rebecca and Andrew said...

And we all had such a GREAT time! The food was wonderful and visiting with Kamso was such a treat, too! Thank you again for introducing us.
'bec