Thursday, November 27, 2008

Signing off till December 8th

Well friends, this is my last post as a single mama. I'm heading off to Ethiopia tomorrow and will more than likely not be posting while I am gone. It has been a wild a crazy journey up to this point and it is still very surreal to me that tomorrow I fly away as a single woman and come back as a single mama. There is still a piece of me that is not 100% sure that this is really going to happen. Part of my heart is not 100% open to believing that a baby is actually going to be coming home with me this time. My brain KNOWS Sabah will be coming home, but the brain and the heart don't always communicate. I think once I get her in my arms, my heart will finally say "yes, this one is coming home and I can let her completely in". Don't get me wrong.....I LOVE my daughter.....like you wouldn't believe....but when your heart gets broken once, it is so slow to love again like it did before.....it's all about protection. But, in a little over 48 hours I will have my little sproutling in my arms and I KNOW my heart will be full again.

I want to thank every single person who has followed my blog and has prayed for me or sent good thoughts my way. The friends that are made while going through this adoption journey has been such a surprised blessing.

I also want to thank my family who has been soooooo supportive through this and is ready to welcome Sabah with open arms. And especially to my mom and sister who are making this journey with me. And dad.....I know you would come if you were physically able.....thanks for letting mom go without you!

So, see you all on December 8th! I'm outta here!!!!

9 comments:

Min/El said...

Safe travels! You are about to have one of the most amazing experiences that a human being can have...you are going to be a Mommy to your little sproutling. Congrats!

veggiemom said...

Happy travels!!!

Rebecca and Andrew said...

Be safe dear friend!!!
You are in my thoughts and prayers! We can't wait until you're home with Sabah!!!

Amber said...

I am praying for you and the baby and I can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Anonymous said...

Godspeed! Can't wait to read all about it.

Anonymous said...

Tania,
You are in Ethiopia as I write this and I just want to let you know you and Sabah are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope all is going wonderfully in Ethiopia. Can't wait to hear about your trip. Congratulations!!!

Rebecca and Andrew said...

Whaaaaaa!!! I SO wanna know how you both are doing!!! I'm thinking of you EVERYDAY!!

Unknown said...

Safe Travel, See you back at work. Hope that we collect the two dollar insurance policy we been paying on for years.

Mona said...

You are now on your way home with Sabah in your arms! I can't wait to read your new posts and hear all about your travels and your beautiful daughter.