Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Mailman

For those of us in the adoption process, we learn real quick that the mailman is either your best friend or your worst enemy. He/she is your new best friend every time you go to your mailbox and there is something there that you had been waiting for. On the other hand, he/she is your most torturous enemy every time you look and what you're expecting is STILL not there.


Today, my mailman was my best friend, for when I opened the mailbox, this is what I found.....


What are those, you ask? Well, they are three original, signed, notorized, homestudy documents. I had my homestudy a few weeks ago, and today I received the final documents. I'm so excited. The first copy will go immediately to USCIS (immigration) so that my I-600A application can be processed. Once they receive this, I will go have my fingerprints done, and then wait for the pesky mailman to deliver my "golden ticket". Finishing the homestudy and getting the final copies is a HUGE step in this process and I'm glad I have it completed and marked off my list.

The second copy will be included in my Dossier that will head to Ethiopia once the golden ticket is in hand.

The third one I believe is my copy as my adoption agency and homestudy agency are one in the same, so they (I assume) have a copy.

I'm one HUGE step closer to becoming a mommy.

No comments: