Monday, June 2, 2008

Out with the Old in with the New

Well, it finally happened.........the gas prices drove me to downsize my old clunker SUV and get a more affordable and economical car. As some of you know, I've been wanting to get rid of that SUV since, well, since the day I got it. I just don't have much use for an SUV and the four whole times in the last5 years that I actually had it in 4-wheel drive was on the beach and had nothing to do with "inclement weather". So, when the gas prices started to steadily rise, and the cost of filling the tank was suddenly going over $40, then $50, then $55, and finally last Thursday $63.51, I knew I had to do something.

So, on Saturday, I went into Beaverton Hyundai with one crappy, worn out, needs a break job, "check engine" light on, gas guzzling SUV, and came out with this......
a brand new, non brake squeaking, well running, good stearing, Hyundai Elantra in the fabulous color of Purple Rain. That's right folks, Purple Rain!!!!! The finance guy started singing me the Prince song right there in the dealership.....with air guitar actions and everything.

It's so nice to have a vehicle that I KNOW will start in the morning and that doesn't have the brakes squeaking and squealing (yes neighbors, that was me at 6:40 in the morning making all that ruckess.....but no more). And of course I'm extra happy that I will be saving a TON of money on gas.

Oh, and one more thing I walked out of the dealership with.......a date from the Purple Rain Singing Finance Guy. But that's another post altogether.

P.S......No adoption funds were used in aquiring this new vehicle. :)

No comments: