Monday, June 16, 2008

Waiting Waiting Waiting

It's been a while since I've posted anything, but that's because there is no new news. The mailman is once again my worst enemy. I sent in my homestudy to USCIS last week (overnight, so I know they got it last Monday), so now I'm waiting for INS to "invite" me down to their building for a round of fingerprinting. Every step is important, yet you have to wait for each step to start the next one.....it gets frustrating. I'm a multi-tasker......I want to work on ALL steps at the same time and get it all done at one. But, it just doesn't work that way with adoption. Each step, in it's own time, and in it's own order. That's just the way it is, and I'm just going to have to learn to deal with it.


So, in the meantime, since I have nothing too interesting to blog about, I thought I would introduce you to Sprout's brother............







This is Tanner.....he's, oh, about 9 now (yes, I'm a terrible cat mommy....I don't really know how old he is even though I got him when he could fit in the palm of my hand). He's a great cat, but he suffers from bi-polar disorder. I self diagnosed him, but I'm pretty sure it's an accurate diagnosis. Because if it's not, then I have to admit to myself that I raised a nasty mean cat (at times) and I just can't accept that harsh reality.


Seriously though, he's a great cat. He just is stubborn and knows what he wants when he wants it. He could be laying beside me (he is NOT a cuddler and will NOT sit on my lap) and I could be happily petting him, and he would SEEM to be enjoying it (you know, he's got the purring thing goin on, and the drooling thing (he drools when he is content)), and then all of a sudden he will apparently be done, because he will reach out and swat at me and hiss at me. The little shit! Luckily it's not enough of an issue to seek therapy for him and put him on medication, but he better watch it, or I just might.


He is such a pretty cat though and has the most beautiful blue eyes (yes, I'm biased, but just take a look....he's gorgeous, no?). And YES, I do realize that his BMI is probably in the morbidly obese catagory, but most of that is his fluffy hair. No, really, it is! OK, maybe I'm in denial about his "fur weight", but I'm not good at diets, I don't know how I would expect him to be.




He's my baby, and I love him. He is NOT going to be happy about the arrival of his baby sister though, I can tell you that much. He already has decided the crib is his, and I have to keep the door shut to the baby's room, otherwise I will undoubtably find him snoozin and snugglin in there with the blankies.

No comments: