Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sprout's Room

I thought I would post a couple of pictures of Sprout's room. I had most of the furniture due to the heartbreaking failed adoption of my first daughter Aliyah, so when I moved into this two bedroom I decided that instead of storing the furniture I would go ahead and set up the nursery. It's been fun to get things all together. Sprout's furniture is in cherrywood, so I've kept myself busy refinishing a toy box and a night stand to match (well, they kind of match). Her bedding is yellow bumblebees and is just so darn cute. My mom came up from Eugene and helped me sew the window seat cushion in bumblebee fabric....ok, ok, she didn't help, she did it all....thanks mom. But I made the lampshade with the leftover fabric.....I do have some talents (just don't look too closely at it.....unless you WANT a good laugh). Anyway, here they are....


This is her crib (ignore the mess under the bed....they are books, but I don't have a bookshelf yet). That box to the left is the toybox I refinished. The blankets are on there because Sprout's real name is on the box and I don't want anyone to see it. That lamp on the right is my handywork, as is the nightstand it's sitting on.



Here's a better view of my talents..... :)


Above Sprout's crib





Sprout's window seat.....my mom made the cushion and that green pillow. The two pillows on each side of the green one are yellow, and that one on the right is just a hunk of foam. She left that one for me to do to match the green one.....you can see how far along I've gotten with it.


And finally, a look at the other side of the room. This is the changing table/dresser. And YES, those drawers are PACKED with clothes already. What's worse is that the side cabinet there is FILLED with shoes. Oh, and that's not all......her closet is full of clothes too. This little girl will certainly not have to worry about what to wear.

No comments: