Friday, June 27, 2008

Fav Photo Friday



This is my all time favorite photo. Some people might think it weird to post a picture of the little girl, who I thought was mine for 5 incredible weeks, butI can't help it. It's my favorite photo. Aliyah Ann (Ali-Ann) is still a huge part of who I am and it's because of those 5 weeks with her that I'm so passionate about being a mother again. Yes, my heart breaks everytime I see this picture and I think of all the hugs and cuddles we are missing together, but my heart also smiles and melts when I remember those 5 amazing weeks.

I miss her terribly, but I look forward to bringing Sprout home and being the best mother I can be to her. I know Ali is ok. She is with her birth mother, and that really is the blessing of the story. I recently was able to see some pictures of her. Bittersweet to see how much she's grown in the last year, but not to have witnessed it. Bittersweet to see her beautiful face, but not to be able to kiss it. Bittersweet to see how long her hair is now, but not to be able to brush it.

She's a lucky little girl because she has two mommies who love her. One she just doesn't know about (and I hope she never does).

3 comments:

Joy said...

I just saw your post on the Ethiopian board. We too are with Adoption Avenues. We have been very pleased, although we have waited longer than we thought we would. It will all come together in God's timing. Maybe we will even both get our kids around the same time once courts reopen. Take care,
Joy

Amber said...

Did you seriously get a referral that fast??? Wow! It's my first time on your blog. I'm with Adoption Avenues too. I have started a yahoo group for all the adoption Avenues people. Please go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adoptionavenues/ and join. We would love to have you in the group. You can also email me if you want at amberboyd@kw.com. I look forward to following your blog.

Amber
http://boydfamilyadoption.blogspot.com

Amber said...

Sorry, you don't have a referral yet, duh!